Just when I thought I didn’t have enough cocktail dresses in my closet, my blogger buddy Harper Faulkner contacted me today to tell me he nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. In preparation for the ceremony I’ll be hosting later this evening in my home office (cocktail attire required), I’ve written not only a lengthy speech thanking everyone in the industry including my tenth grade English teacher who tortured me every day during a nine-month period from 1977 to 1978, but also created a list of seven random things you never wanted to know about anyone, let alone me:
- In kindergarten, I wondered what it would be like to be a boy. Unfortunately, I tested this intriguing theory while using the bathroom. The school janitor loved me.
- I came up with my latest book title in the middle of the night after drinking a glass of wine and popping a Benadryl.
- I own more turtlenecks than anyone I know because when I get nervous, my neck turns red.
- I hate it when people stand too close to me when I’m paying in the grocery store checkout lane.
- I kiss my dog’s face more than my husband’s face.
- I can tap dance and sometimes do in front of total strangers.
- I don’t know what I’m doing 99.9% of the time. I’m just really good at pretending.
So there you have it—seven absolutely unimportant tidbits of information about someone you barely know. Feels like a first date, doesn’t it? And now (drum roll please), I’m following the final rules of accepting The Versatile Blogger Award and that is to list five great bloggers on WordPress. I promise you, these five blogs are well worth your time to stop by for either a laugh or practical writing advice:
So there you have it. I’m off to the awards ceremony. Teeth in … check. Pantyhose on … check. Much too long of a speech clutched in a sweaty hand … check.
I just wish my tenth grade English teacher was still alive. She would have been so proud (but only after she admonished me for all the prepositions at the end of my sentences in my speech).